Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Forever young, I want to be forever young...

Oh, summertime... why does it feel so unseasonal this year?

In an attempt to feel the essence of summer I buried myself under a bunch of books that I plan to read before summer ends. It's probably a lot, but not having Internet at my beach house probably helps. As well as the fact that almost all my friends from the summer town are either working or studying, so I'm pretty much by myself. I took it as time to meditate, relax, and get a wonderful tan. Oh, and did I mention books? There's not better moment in time to read than while watching the sunset at the beach, if you haven't tried it, please do so.

One of the books that I came across is Deepak Chopra's Ageless Body, Timeless Mind : The Quantum Alternative to Growing (1993).

My mom got me this book when she found out about Chopra's centers in La Jolla, CA. Since it talks about aging, I thought it was not the proper time to read it... not yet. But then I realized that time passes by faster than we think and that some positive thinking would help. I love how he talks about the power of our minds when it comes to getting old and controlling our body's most basic physiological functions. As our inmune system improves when we fall in love, or weakens when we are depressed, our bodies, our "matter", can be affected positively if we have a positive attitude.

I haven't read much of it yet but I just liked how he considers human beings and their interaction something more than mere chemical reactions. There has to be something else out there.

1 comment:

  1. ah, we have to talk about this book next time we skype! I will be free ALL the time starting next week :)

    ReplyDelete